We are proud to say that since the Covid-19 lock down has been announced we have delivered over 350 food parcels to the most vulnerable in our community.
Big help from Co-op
Big help from Co-op
A great big Daisy thank you to the Co-op team and their customers for their amazing donation. Team Daisy can’t thank you enough for all your support. Your donation will continue to help us to support disabled and vulnerable people and their families ❤️
The Lottery Community Fund
The Lottery Community Fund
Daisy Inclusive UK have been successful in obtaining 3 years funding through The Lottery Community Fund to support our SMILE Initiative.
The SMILE initiative which stands for Self-Motivation, Inclusive Learning and Enrichment will be the catalyst to make a real difference in helping disabled and vulnerable people (16+) to live a more fulfilled and independent life.
The SMILE initiative will focus on 3 key links: – self motivation, independent living/ inclusive learning and enrichment with each link being designed to improve the future prospects, skills and health and well-being of the participants involved.
Self-Motivation – Encouraging participants to be happy in their own skin and with who they are. We will support individuals to improve their confidence and self-esteem, make friends and feel empowered to take ownership in their lives.
Independent Living/Inclusive Learning – Supporting individuals to reach their true potential. Working with our Independent Living Co-ordinator and Inclusive Development Officer participants will gain life skills, independence, qualifications, employability training and work experience that will help them on their journey to reach their aspirations and targets.
Enrichment – Enrichment activities including sports and physical activity, health and wellbeing and music will be the catalyst to helping participants to feel fit in body and fit in mind. We want to ensure that participants also have the opportunity to improve their health and wellbeing as this will go a long way to help their future development.
If you know of anyone who would be interested and meet the criteria for this amazing initiative or you would like further information please do not hesitate to contact me on 0151 261 0309 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be holding an official launch on Wednesday 12th February 2020 – 11am to 3pm, where you can come along and find out more about the SMILE initiative.
Helping disabled and vulnerable people to reach their potential through vocational Learning ‘ If they don’t learn the way we teach, we must teach the way they learn’.
Great day in Manchester delivering inclusive sports on Friday coaching sessions at one of the colleges. They are the future!
#disabilityawareness #disability #inclusivesports #sportscoaching #inclusion #inclusive #daisyuk
IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION
The Merseylink Bus Service
The Merseylink bus service is Merseytravel’s dial-a-ride service for people with mobility problems or difficulties, who cannot use ordinary public transport some or all of the time.
The vehicles are designed for easy access and passenger comfort and include:
· Wheelchair access.
· Anchorage points for wheelchairs. *
· Low steps.
· Wide, comfortable seats.
· Seatbelts for all passengers.
· On-board communications.
Merseylink drivers are caring, friendly and familiar with the needs of people with mobility problems. The service is free for members and a truly essential travel companion.
*If you use a wheelchair you must ensure that it is transport-friendly.
Am I eligible for membership?
You are eligible for Merseylink membership if:
• You live in Merseyside
• You receive the Mobility or Care part of Disability Living Allowance or
Personal Independent Payment (mobility or daily living component at
the enhanced rate only) (we need to see your allowance book or the
notification of the value of the allowance being paid to you).
• You receive Attendance Allowance at the higher rate only (we need
to see your allowance book or the notification of the value of the
allowance being paid to you).
• You are registered blind (we need to see your Blind Registration
• You receive War Disablement Pension (with a mobility supplement or higher rate care allowance).
• You have a serious disease (such as terminal cancer) which is
getting worse and is causing you sight or movement problems. (We
need to see written confirmation from your doctor).
How do I apply?
Complete an application form then send it with a recent passport
photograph and proof that you are eligible, which must be one of the
• Higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
or Personal Independance Payments (PIP).
• High rate care component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or
Personal Independence Payments (PIP).
• High rate attendance allowance.
• Blind Registration document.
• War disablement pension (with mobility supplement or high rate care
• Written confirmation that you have a terminal illness which is causing
sight or mobility problems.
• A valid medical certificate or exemption certificate from your G.P. if
you are unable to wear a seat belt. **
There is a photo booth in most Travel Centres, where your photograph can
be taken for small charge
You can post your application to Merseylink Applications, Hubs Support,
Merseytravel, PO Box 1976, Liverpool, L69 3HN or take it to one of our
** All passengers using the Merseylink service are required, by law, to
wear the seat belts or safety harnesses which are provided. If you are
unable to wear a seat belt for medical reasons you must provide a valid
medical exemption certificate. You will then be able to travel on Merseylink
vehicles without wearing the seatbelt or safety harness, but entirely at your
Terms and Conditions
• Your Merseylink membership will last for two years.
• Subject to availability, your journey can start as early as 8.00am or end as
late as 11.00pm.
• Merseylink operates every day – including a limited service on Christmas
• You can use Merseylink to travel anywhere in Merseyside (subject to
• Merseylink cannot be used for journeys to attend hospital appointments,
day care facilities or special schools.
• You can book your journeys between 2 days and 7 days before you travel.
• If you need to cancel your journey, you must let us know at least 2 hours
before your scheduled pick-up time.
• You can make up to 10 return journeys each month.
• You can book your journey by calling us on 0151 330 1001 between
08.00am and 2.00pm, 7 days a week. If you want to make any enquiries or
to cancel a journey, you can call us on 0151 330 1002 between 8.00am
and 8.00pm, 7 days a week. (If you use RNID TextRelay, dial 18001 before
either of these numbers).
• It will not always be possible for the Merseylink bus to pick you up at the
time you want to start your journey, and we may offer you an alternative
• We will aim to pick you up within 15 minutes of your pick-up time and you
should be ready and waiting for the vehicle. The driver cannot wait for you,
if you are not ready, because this may delay other people.
• If you are able to use accessible public transport, we may offer you a
journey to an accessible bus stop or Merseyrail Station.
• Demand for Merseylink is extremely high and we may not always be able to
offer you the exact journey or time you want – but we will always try our
Using Your Scooter on board a Merseylink Service
By joining this scheme, your scooter must fall within the following
parameters: It must be a Class 2 mobility scooter. Class 2 scooter’s are lightweight and
designed for use on public pavements only, and have a maximum speed
limit of 4mph
o It can be no wider than 600mm (23.6in) or longer than 1000mm (39.3in).
Baskets, mirrors and other accessories can push the scooter over these
o It must have a turning radius of no more than 1200mm (47.2in)
o When the scooter is in use it must not exceed the Safe Working Load of a
standard ramp, normally around 300kg (47 stone).
Contact them on:
Telephone: 0151 330 1001 for bookings, Monday – Sunday, 8am – 2pm
Telephone: 0151 330 1002 for cancellations or enquiries, Monday –
Sunday, 8am – 8pm RNID Typetalk – Dial 18001 before either of the
numbers above for a Typetalk assisted call.