Daisy Inclusive UK is a charity that helps disabled and vulnerable people and their families to reach their true potential. Based at the Daisy Nucleus Academy (DNA) our charity really is the building blocks of our community, a lifeline and support network for the people that use the services every day.
Founded and run by Dave Kelly, who lost his sight at the age of 30 over 25 years ago, he wanted to create a safe and inclusive environment where disabled and vulnerable people could take part in a range of activities with their brothers, sisters and friends. Dave recognised how the people in his community have been consistently excluded and wanted to address the issues disabled and vulnerable people face, including lack of opportunity, for example in sport participation and training / job opportunities.
We support people through the Daisy Chain, a pathway of individual links where each link offers relevant help and support including mental wellbeing, sports, music, education, employment and support. The Daisy Chain is designed to give vulnerable and disabled people a supported personalised pathway to social readiness. They will gain confidence and self-esteem, be happier in their own skin and happy with who they are. They will gain the key personal skills and social etiquette required to break down barriers, become more independent, interact with others and become active members in their community, leading to a greater insight into their life goals.
Our services include:-
- Specialist mental health support/ counselling services
- Disability Hate Crime support service in conjunction with Merseyside police
- Inclusive sports and physical activities
- Education and employment support
- Benefit Advice and Guidance
- Cross Generational Activities
- SMILE and Mini SMILE Club (Self-Motivation, Inclusive Learning/Independent Living and Enrichment activities)